Wednesday, September 5, 2007
First Things First
Had alot of 'firsts' today.
1) I attended a cremation-my first.
I was actually really impressed by Mandai Crematorium. Jiahui commented its prettier than the ROM. There were fountains everywhere, the toilets were cleaner than the airport's, the place just exuded peace. Was slightly horrified to learn that they named the place you watch the casket going into the fire 'the viewing gallery'. Isn't it inappropriate?
2) I went to collect my new passport alone-boring boring boring...
The last time it was with my dad in 1996. I waited over 3 hours, for 300 people before my turn. Of course I dozed off....used the guy beside me as a comfortable leaning post and totally scared him off...
3) I bought my first pair of jwest shoes-on impulse!
The leather pumps are kinda expensive ($106) but are really comfortable!
4) I went to the Axis Bar at The Oriental Hotel-with GML (yeah she had to work the next day)
I naively thought the bar had a great view, read that from the website. GML laughed at me when we sat down. We had a view of the parking lots from the 4th floor.
I ordered a Polaris, it had rose tequila, Baileys and strawberries in it, tasted like strawberry smoothie, was delicious! GML had a Hoegaarden, and turned as red as her shoes after drinking just half a bottle. I regretted not taking a pic of her strawberry coloured face.
It was totally unhappening when we were at the bar, then the moment we paid and stepped out of the bar, the jazz guy started singing. Wahlau...
*I did something stupid today-not the first time.
At Accessorize, one of the staff was shifting the racks and a bangle fell. So I bent over to pick it up for her. At that moment, another heavy bangle fell and knocked me hard on the head. OH boy it hurt! In my mind at that moment, I was lamenting to (and blaming) God how I did a good deed and still got hurted.
So I got home at night, had one of my nightly chats with my mum and told her what happened, and thought she would agree to how I didn't deserve the knock. To my surprise, she told me I'm the dumbest person ever, that we should never go below things that are about to drop. A lightbulb suddenly switched on in my mind-yah hor!
Why in the world did I pick up the bangle, when the shop assistant was still shifting the things?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment