Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Kids Talk

Yesterday for art, I got my kids to write and design notes to wish their friends all the best for their exams.

So I wrote one as an example, and I addressed the note to the teacher next class, Miss Chan.

"Dear Miss Chan... All the best for your exams. Study hard! Love, Miss Kan"

A few kids started snorting loudly and giggling to themselves.
I was of course bewildered and asked, "What?!"
My monitor, Yu Qian, managed to splutter between her snorts, "Miss Chan so old liao still got exams meh??"
Then the whole class went "ORRRR HORRRRR!!!!!! You said Miss Chan OLD!!!!!!!"

Haha...

People are always telling me I'm one of the few teachers they know who truly enjoys teaching because of the kids.
I think its really easy to love the kids? They're so innocent, so honest, so sweet, so likeable~!

When my kids saw my bruised arm, they gasped in horror.
"Miss Kan!!! Why your arm black black?? What happened???! You knocked yourself? Someone beat you? Got into an accident? Scalded yourself? Something fell on you?"
"No no." I replied. "I donated blood."
There was silence.
"You WHAT??" Asked the kids.
After I spent 10 minutes explaining to them what a blood bank is and why I donated blood, one boy asked me, "didn't your mummy scold you?" *lol*

This is a note I got from Tiaan, my South African boy today.




Hehehe... Athough he makes me angry quite often, I think he's the best too!

So sweet hor~~~~~~♥♥♥




No comments: